Natural Home remedies to cure Laryngitis
Some of the most common home treatments to treat with laryngitis are :-
Sip warm tea with lemon. This traditional remedy is often used by professional singers whose voices are about to give out. Tea contains tannic acids, which can help soothe inflamed tissues in the throat. Adding lemon to the tea will help cut through mucus, which will also help bring your voice back to normal.
Pour down the water. Drinking eight to twelve glasses of water a day will help lubricate the larynx, which is essential for stopping laryngitis. It's best to drink water that's room temperature. Water that's too hot or too cold .can irritate the larynx even more.
When laryngitis is stealing your voice, fight back with these easy tips.
Settle in for a hot shower. Breathing hot, steamy air will help relax your throat and airways so you can breathe - and talk - more easily. Using a humidifier at night can also be very helpful.
Drink extra fluids, such as water, fruit juice, and tea.
Forget the salt water. This is one traditional remedy to skip when you have laryngitis. Gargling with salt water can dry out the throat even more. In addition, the vibrations of gargling can cause the vocal cords to slap together, which can increase the irritation.
Handle your voice with care. If you've been spending weekends cheering your daughter's volley ball team, your vocal cords may pay the price. When you have laryngitis, it's essential to speak quietly for awhile Of, whenever possible, not at all. And forget about whispering: It's even harder on your vocal cords than taking in a normal voice.
Don't take aspirin. Even though aspirin can help relieve the discomfort of a sore throat and laryngitis, it also slows the time it takes your body to form blood dots. Since laryngitis may be caused by minor injuries to the vocal cords, taking aspirin can actually slow the healing time.
Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone
May 7, 2011
Home cures for laryngitis
Natural Home remedies to cure Laryngitis
Countries I have been to....
mieranadhirah has been to: Australia, Belgium, Cambodia, People's Republic of China, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Ireland, Japan, Malaysia, Netherlands, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States.
Get your own travel map from Matador Network.
Miera Nadhirah Tan
- A mother of three grown children who loves travelling, photography, food, trying beauty products and so on...I am a full time blogger and enjoy sharing about my experiences, my travel, the things I enjoy..For invitations, events, product reviews etc, pls email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2016 (418)
- ► 2015 (536)
- ► 2014 (789)
- ► 2012 (136)
- Phuket day 2 pictures - selected pictures only
- Phuket day 1 pictures - selected pictures only
- Basking in the sun
- My trip to phuket in words - Day 4
- A big thanks...
- Trip to Phuket in words (day 3)- 20th May 2011
- Phishing, scamming, cheating online
- The story of Narcissus (taken from NSTP's Niexter ...
- Some naughty shirts spotted at a souvenir shirt ki...
- Boat at the Muslim fishing village in Phang nga
- My Phuket trip in words - Day 2
- At the hospital...
- My Phuket trip in words.. Day 1 (18th May 2011)
- Tom Yum Gung recipe...
- My favourite photo extravagance in Phuket
- Super awesome gifts from my sister in law..
- My motivation...
- Fat me...
- Annual Awards Dinner invitation and Phuket tour bo...
- Achieving your dreams..
- Female Logic
- The generous vegetable seller..
- Masjid India bazaar
- Happy sweet 16th birthday to my dear eldest daught...
- My new baby
- Home cures for laryngitis
- Life is a GIFT
- Tea time @ Esteler 77
- ▼ May (30)
Yours truly was over at the ICE Gallery in Pantai Sentral Park with my daughter to celebrate and check out IJM Land’s Good Coffee Day 2.0 ...
I know Vanessa... she is one of the PR officers that I liase with... but what I did not know is that she had her secrets.... hahaha... ...
I have a confession to make…I am one of those who rarely bring my cat to the vet… but well, I recently realized my folly. I am one of abou...
I am so loving the freemium video-on-demand service from Viu , offering Malaysian viewers access to thousands of hours of free library con...
With Christmas around the corner, there is merriment at every corner, even at the malls... and there is nowhere more fun then to catch ...