May 27, 2011
Phishing, scamming, cheating online
Even Microsoft, Coca Cola, Hyundai, and lots of companies tell me I won some lotteries or lucky draw. Western Union tells me to go collect hundreds of thousands.
And lately, banks ask me to verify my account or have my account blocked. Hmm... Silly me, I just ignore and delete them all!!!! If I did not, perhaps I would have had enough money to go around the world with my family, pay off my debts, probably buy myself an island or a private jet, donate tens of thousands to deserving causes and all.
But you see, the funny thing was I did not have an acct in the bank that sent me that message and there was an incident when Yahoo send me a email asking to reverify my email and I sent it on directly to yahoo and Yahoo themselves said they never send it and it was a scam.
Fellow readers here, fellow friends, don't be so gullible and don't fall for all that tricks. They will only make your life more difficult and harder as per in the newspaper today (The Star 27/5/11 ) . Never do anything online. If you need to, go get it verified in your bank or call them first at your regular place.
In the newspaper, they mention a session court judge, an acct exec and all falling for that trick and losing all the money in their bank acct. Heck.. Those crooks made more then RM4 million on that only!!!!
Wise up and it's always better to be cautious, suspicious and safe then sorry.
Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone
Countries I have been to....
mieranadhirah has been to: Australia, Belgium, Cambodia, People's Republic of China, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Ireland, Japan, Malaysia, Netherlands, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States.
Get your own travel map from Matador Network.
Miera Nadhirah Tan
- A mother of three grown children who loves travelling, photography, food, trying beauty products and so on...I am a full time blogger and enjoy sharing about my experiences, my travel, the things I enjoy..For invitations, events, product reviews etc, pls email me at email@example.com
- ► 2016 (446)
- ► 2015 (536)
- ► 2014 (789)
- ► 2012 (136)
- Phuket day 2 pictures - selected pictures only
- Phuket day 1 pictures - selected pictures only
- Basking in the sun
- My trip to phuket in words - Day 4
- A big thanks...
- Trip to Phuket in words (day 3)- 20th May 2011
- Phishing, scamming, cheating online
- The story of Narcissus (taken from NSTP's Niexter ...
- Some naughty shirts spotted at a souvenir shirt ki...
- Boat at the Muslim fishing village in Phang nga
- My Phuket trip in words - Day 2
- At the hospital...
- My Phuket trip in words.. Day 1 (18th May 2011)
- Tom Yum Gung recipe...
- My favourite photo extravagance in Phuket
- Super awesome gifts from my sister in law..
- My motivation...
- Fat me...
- Annual Awards Dinner invitation and Phuket tour bo...
- Achieving your dreams..
- Female Logic
- The generous vegetable seller..
- Masjid India bazaar
- Happy sweet 16th birthday to my dear eldest daught...
- My new baby
- Home cures for laryngitis
- Life is a GIFT
- Tea time @ Esteler 77
- ▼ May (30)
Did you know that Prudential recently launched the inaugural 2016 Prudential Relationship Index (PRI) in the attempt to understand the sta...
Blanc Coco, the world’s first sparkling 100% coconut water, has been launched in Malaysia by Euro-Atlantic Sdn Bhd for Thai Coconut Pub...
So we celebrated my significant other half's birthday recently, just a few days ago...and yes, he is already one year older then he w...
Living in Singapore can be a boon for you just because its location allows you to visit several places of interest in this region l...
Jawdrop... oh mai gawd........ Huawei Consumer Business Group has today announced the launch of the new HUAWEI P10 and P10+, innovat...