1) Acquire knowledge, it enables its professor to distinguish right from wrong; it lights the way to heaven. It is our friend in the desert, our company in solitude and companion when friendless. It guides us to happiness, it sustains us in misery, and it is an ornament amongst friends and armour against enemies.
2) A Muslim who plants a tree or sows a field, from which man, birds and animals can eat, is committing an act of charity. (Muslim)
3) There is a polish for everything that takes away rust; and the polish for the heart is the remembrance of Allah. (Bukhari)
4) What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured. (Bukhari)
5) The most excellent Jihad is that for the conquest of self. (Bukhari)
6) If you put your whole trust in Allah, as you ought, He most certainly will satisfy your needs, as He satisfies those of the birds. They come out hungry in the morning, but return full to their nests. (Tirmidhi)
7) When Allah created his creatures He wrote above His throne: ‘Verily, my Compassion overcomes my wrath. (Bukhari & Muslim)
8) Allah will not give mercy to anyone, except those who give mercy to other creatures. (Tirmidhi)
9) “Son, if you are able, keep your heart from morning till night and from night till morning free from malice towards anyone.” Then Rasulullah (SAW) said: “O my son! This is one of my laws, and he, who loves my laws verily, loves me.” (Bukhari)
10) Say what is true, although it may be bitter and displeasing to people. (Baihaqi)
11) Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever is not kind has no faith. (Muslim)
12) When you see a person who has been given more than you in money and beauty, look to those, who have been given less. (Muslim)
13) If you do not feel ashamed of anything, then you can do whatever you like. (Bukhari)
14) “O Lord, grant me your love, grant me that I love those who love you; grant me, that I might do the deeds that win your love. Make your love dearer to me than the love of myself, my family and wealth.” (Tirmidhi)
15) It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone. It is better to speak to a seeker of knowledge than to remain silent; but silence is better than idle words. (Bukhari)
16) Verily, a man teaching his child manners is better than giving one bushel of grain in alms. (Muslim)
17) Whoever is kind, Allah will be kind to him; therefore be kind to man on the earth. He who is in heaven will show mercy on you. (Tirmidhi)
18) It is difficult for a man laden with riches to climb the steep path that leads to bliss. (Muslim)
19) Once a man, who was passing through a road, found a branch of a tree with thorns obstructing it. The man removed the thorns from the way. Allah thanked him and forgave his sins. (Bukhari)
20) Who are the learned? Those who practice what they know. (Bukhari)
21) Allah has revealed to me, that you must be humble. No one should boast over one another, and no one should oppress another. (Muslim)
22) Who is the most favoured of Allah? He, from whom the greatest good comes to His creatures. (Bukhari)
23) A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity. (Muslim)
24) A Muslim who meets with others and shares their burdens is better than one who lives a life of seclusion and contemplation. (Muslim)
25) Serve Allah, as you would if you could see Him; although you cannot see Him, He can see you. (Muslim)
26) Allah does not look at your appearance or your possessions; but He looks at your heart and your deeds. (Muslim)
27) The best richness is the richness of the soul. (At the field of Tabuk, Syria, Rajab 9 A.H.: Bukhari)
28) Keep yourselves far from envy; because it eats up and takes away good actions, like a fire eats up and burns wood. (Abu Dawud)
29) Much silence and a good disposition, there are no two things better than these. (Bukhari)
30) Verily, Allah is mild and is fond of mildness, and He gives to the mild what He does not give to the harsh. (Muslim)
31) Whoever loves to meet Allah, Allah loves to meet him. (Bukhari)
32) Once Rasulullah (SAW) was asked: “Tell us, which action is dearest to Allah?’ Rasulullah (SAW) answered: “To say your prayer at its proper time.” Again Rasulullah (SAW) was asked: “What comes next?” Rasulullah (SAW) said: “To show kindness to parents.” ‘Then what?’ Rasulullah (SAW) was asked, Rasulullah (SAW) replied: “To strive for the cause of Allah!” (Bukhari)
33) When two persons are together, two of them must no whisper to each other, without letting the third hear; because it would hurt him. (Bukhari & Muslim)
34) Verily, it is one of the respects to Allah to honor an old man. (Bukhari)
35) All Muslims are like a foundation, each strengthening the other; in such a way they do support each other. (Bukhari & Muslim)
36) Strive always to excel in virtue and truth. (Bukhari)
37) You will not enter paradise until you have faith; and you will not complete your faith till you love one another. (Muslim)
38) He, who wishes to enter paradise at the best gate, must please his father and mother. (Bukhari & Muslim)
39) I am leaving two things among you, and if you cling to them firmly you will never go astray; one is the Book of Allah and the other is my way of life. (Farewell Pilgrimage)
40) Allah is One and likes Unity. (Muslim)
41) The best of alms is that, which the right hand gives and the left hand knows not of. (Bukhari)
42) The perfect Muslim is not a perfect Muslim, who eats till he is full and leaves his neighbors hungry. (Baihaqi)
43) He is not of us who is not affectionate to the little ones, and does not respect the old; and he is not of us, who does not order which is lawful, and prohibits that which is unlawful. (Tirmidhi)
44) No man is a true believer unless he desires for his brother that, what he desires for himself. (Bukhari & Muslim)
45) To strive for the cause of Allah from daybreak to noon and sunset is better than the goods and enjoyment of the whole worldly life. (Bukhari)
46) Be not like the hypocrite who, when he talks, tells lies; when he gives a promise, he breaks it; and when he is trusted, he proves dishonest. (Bukhari & Muslim)
47) The proof of a Muslim’s sincerity is that he pays no heed to that, which is not his business. (Tirmidhi)
48) Do you know what is better than charity and fasting and prayer? It is keeping peace and good relations between people, as quarrels and bad feelings destroy mankind. (Muslims & Bukhari)
49) Acquire the knowledge and impart it to the people. Acquire the knowledge of Fara’id (laws of inheritance) and teach it to the people, learn the Qur’an and teach it to the people; for I am a person who has to depart this world and the knowledge will be taken away and turmoil will appear to such an extent that two people will not agree in regard to a case of inheritance distribution and find none who would decide between them. (Transmitted by Darimi and Daraqutni. Al-Tirmidhi #107)
50) The worldly comforts are not for me. I am like a traveller, who takes a rest under a tree in the shade and then goes on his way. (Tirmidhi)
Mar 15, 2012
50 Inspirational Hadith
Countries I have been to....
mieranadhirah has been to: Australia, Belgium, Cambodia, People's Republic of China, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Ireland, Japan, Malaysia, Netherlands, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States.
Get your own travel map from Matador Network.
Miera Nadhirah Tan
- A mother of three grown children who loves travelling, photography, food, trying beauty products and so on...I am a full time blogger and enjoy sharing about my experiences, my travel, the things I enjoy..For invitations, events, product reviews etc, pls email me at email@example.com
- ► 2016 (414)
- ► 2015 (536)
- ► 2014 (789)
- Learn to be mentally tough.....
- Nada Cinta (SPOILERS)
- Failure does not mean i'm a failure
- Are you hungry ?
- Baby Hamsters
- a newbie tries her hand or rather her face with SK...
- A trip to the National Science Centre aka Pusat Sa...
- Kepong Metropolitan Park
- Macro photography....
- 50 Inspirational Hadith
- Dumbest Laws of USA
- How auto correct can be so embarrassing at times.....
- Photojournalism: Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills R...
- ▼ March (13)
- ► 2011 (206)
Yours truly is just back from an exciting road trip recently filled with thrilling activities to keep us at the edge of our seats, no k...
Yours truly was over at the ICE Gallery in Pantai Sentral Park with my daughter to celebrate and check out IJM Land’s Good Coffee Day 2.0 ...
Living in the city can be stressful, and so is work, going for events, traveling, juggling family and all.. and well, misbehaving at food… ...
Once again, the Hallyu wave will be taking the world by storm and K-pop fans can rejoice as their favourite acts will be performing and bel...
I know Vanessa... she is one of the PR officers that I liase with... but what I did not know is that she had her secrets.... hahaha... ...