Starbucks Malaysia today debuts its limited-edition collaboration merchandise collection with local brand, Christy Ng. Designed by the eponymous designer herself, this exclusive collaboration reflects on her design story of women empowerment and liberation. Drawing inspiration from her childhood and the persevering pursuit of her dreams, this collection is available now exclusively in select Starbucks® stores across Malaysia.
The Starbucks® x Christy Ng Designer Series collection features iridescent strips on an otherwise monochromatic series of products. With the strip changing colors when viewed from different angles or lighting, it reflects adaptability and the versatility of the human personality. Meanwhile, the use of black in the collection represents absolute power and timelessness, while also symbolically referencing strength, elegance and sophistication. Combining these two design elements is an allegory to the growing obscurity between “femininity” and “masculinity”, especially in style preferences.
“We are very excited to be collaborating with Christy Ng on this merchandise collection. We have long admired her passion and determination, which are reflected in her designs that have helped empowered countless women in Malaysia,” said Sydney Quays, Group CEO of Berjaya Food Berhad and managing director of Starbucks Malaysia & Brunei. “We knew that collaborating with Christy and her design team would result in a unique assortment of fashion-forward items that would be suitable for daily use, and we're ecstatic to provide this one-of-a-kind experience available only at Starbucks® locations in Malaysia.”
In conjunction with Malaysia’s 64th birthday and its growing transition towards a modern society, more women are entering the workforce in Malaysia than ever before and these unique pieces in the collection aims to help them feel powerful, cultured and confident. It encourages the notion of moving forward through resilience and creativity, by owning oneself and flaunting it out. The classic color and modern silhouettes are made unique through the interlocking “CN” symbols to form a lattice pattern across the products, which are inspired by copper pipes that were a big part of Christy’s childhood and family history.
“I am so happy to partner with Starbucks on this unique collaboration, and to showcase my story through a brand with such global presence,” said Christy Ng, Founder and CEO of Christy Ng Shoes. “My team and I have always aimed to develop avenues for women to express themselves through our designs and philosophy, and we are proud to be able to make that happen with this collection, and to empower positive changes the community deserves.”
This is the second time that Starbucks has collaborated with Christy Ng this year. Just last month, the Starbucks® x Christy Ng Exclusive Mooncake Set was launched in conjunction with its Mid-Autumn festival collection. It is also the third collaboration that Starbucks has done with a Malaysian designer.
Take a leap with the Starbucks® x Christy Ng designer merchandise collection which features monochromatic palettes. This new collection includes the following pieces:
• Starbucks® x Christy Ng Phone Bag – Designed with connectivity and practicality in mind, this phone bag features a durable nylon puller cord with adjustable twill strip, three slots behind and two internal slip pockets. Embroidery is available for this product through Christy Ng’s official online store.
• Starbucks® x Christy Ng Tumbler Bag – Complete your easy, everyday look with this over-the-shoulder Tumbler bag. It has enough room for everything you need, including your favorite Starbucks drinkware. Embroidery is available for this product through Christy Ng’s official online store.
• Starbucks® x Christy Ng Bum Bag – Buckle on this uniquely designed bum bag, slip your phone in the inner pocket and secure your keys and wallet in the zip pocket up front. Embroidery is available for this product through Christy Ng’s official online store.
• Starbucks® x Christy Ng Card Caddy – This sporty and chic accessory keeps your essentials secure and easily accessible. Featuring coated canvas with see-through slot and 1 slip pocket.
• Starbucks® x Christy Ng Canvas Tote – The canvas tote is a renowned favorite of Christy Ng’s collection and has become a staple of its aesthetic. The tote can be carried by hand or worn over the shoulders. Embroidery is available for this product through Christy Ng’s official online store.
• Starbucks® x Christy Ng Tumbler – A 16oz double-wall plastic tumbler with a light-teal collaboration logo strip with pastel camo print.
Customers can purchase and enjoy the unique collection with Christy Ng at select Starbucks® locations throughout Malaysia with prices starting from RM78 onwards, while stocks last.
For more information, please visit Starbucks Malaysia at its website at www.starbucks.com.my