So IC-CFS had their Serangkai: Ekspresi Hubungan Insan dan Alam event/ exhibition at Central Market Kuala Lumpur (Pasar Seni) which went on for 4 days….
IC-CFS - Serangkai: Ekspresi Hubungan Insan dan Alam is an exhibition themed event which targets bringing people and the environment together through interactive, entertaining and educational booths….
The event highlights the interconnectedness and connectedness between Humans and Nature through the sharing of physical, audio and visual information by the IC-CFS project spearheaded by Forestry Department of Peninsular Malaysia (JPSM) with the support of other collaborative partners: PERHILITAN and FRIM.
The event which was held at Central Market Kuala Lumpur from 27th to 30th October from 10am to 6pm definitely drew many interest….
Serangkai means "the same or even one of a series" and such is the relationship between Man and Nature - though events and appearance can differ, we are somehow still closely related and connected….
Serangkai: Ekspresi Hubungan Insan dan Alam’s key partners in this event are :-
The Forestry Department of Peninsular Malaysia
- The IC-CFS Project is spearheaded by the Forestry Department of Peninsular Malaysia (FDPM) with the assistance from the State Forestry Departments of Johor, Pahang and Perak.
- The exhibition highlights the ongoing initiatives including: -
❖ Ecotourism Projects
❖ Community Based Organisation Activities
❖ Mitigation of Human-Elephant Conflict
❖ Rehabilitation Projects
- Through a public discussion and presentation, FDPM will be having a sharing session with the spokesperson of each agencies to introduce more on the key role of each state in supporting IC-CFS Project
- PERHILITAN is one of the key partners in the IC-CFS Project
- IC-CFS has adopted few working plans from PERHILITAN such as the Local Community Rangers that has been absorbed to the Veteran Army and Orang Asli (VETOA) Programme under Perhilitan, Training of SMART Tools, and
involved in the Sustainable Financing Sources for Conservation Projects
- During the event, FDPM is planning to highlight wildlife conservation together with PERHILITAN with the showcasing of taxidermied wildlife and other critical information of Harimau Malaya
Forest Research Institute Malaysia (FRIM)
- The Forest Research Institute Malaysia (FRIM) has been supporting IC-CFS in the development of Capacity Building Programs; Biodiversity, Ecosystem Services and Carbon Stock
- FRIM has published the 'Biodiversity Assessment and Monitoring Protocol in the Central Forest Spine Landscape' which incorporates eight functional groups; large mammals, small mammals, herpetofauna, dung beetles, ants, butterflies, herbaceous plants and trees found in the IC-CFS areas
Some of the notable attractions we came across or you can look forward to would be
The tree exhibition
You can also learn the proper way to grow a tree at ‘Tree Planting Demonstration’
Panel discussion & sharing sessions with IC-CFS project team
Ekha Langkawi - A booth that promotes further exploration of upcycling through arts and craft.
Kids corner with 150 pcs of jigsaw puzzle
Colouring competition for both adults and children with cash prizes to be won
Screening of short films : Lak Wak Tu Neng & Backyard Rainforest
A wildlife themed 12ft x 8ft live painting session by local graffiti artist Newba….
Local handmade clothing such as quilts
Traditional and preloved attires for sale, part of the effort to upcycle old outfits
Accessories such as sunglasses, earrings and necklaces
So head over to Central Market Kuala Lumour before 30th October 2022 and check it out if you are still able to….
Post a Comment
What do you think of my blog???