- Laughter relaxes the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.
- Laughter boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease.
- Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
- Laughter protects the heart. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.
The Benefits of Laughter
Laughter helps you stay emotionally healthy
The link between laughter and mental health
- Laughter dissolves distressing emotions. You can’t feel anxious, angry, or sad when you’re laughing.
- Laughter helps you relax and recharge. It reduces stress and increases energy, enabling you to stay focused and accomplish more.
- Humor shifts perspective, allowing you to see situations in a more realistic, less threatening light. A humorous perspective creates psychological distance, which can help you avoid feeling overwhelmed.
|The lovely Datin Sunita Rajkumar, Head of Diversecity 2015|
|Malaysian Godfather of Comedy, Harith Iskander|
|The lovely Mrs Harith Iskander, Dr Jezamine Lim who is the producer and PR for this extravaganza...|
|Google Hangout Group Chat with Tom Rhodes from USA|
|Ong Als from Korea in a Google Hangout Group Chat with Harith Iskander and translator|
|Husband and wife face off in front of the Korean translator... nahh.. just kidding, truth is they were in a discussion...|
|Mohan Raj Thanapal- Director of Operations, Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Dr Jezamine Lim, Harith Iskander, Datin Sunita Rajakumar|