Since the Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards 2016 is COMING and my daughter is going gaga over it and everything slime...because ah, slime happens to be a big deal at this awards show which celebrates the best of everything kids love in pop culture.
So I decided to make her a slime-inspired breakfast... Well I have some recipes here to show also for your kids or you to create for this school holidays before you all catch the show on Monday, 14 March at 11.30am and 6pm.
So I decided to put my thinking cap on and figure out what I can make for my daughter... So I decided to make her a slimy milkshake...
Slimy Milkshake (makes 2 glasses)
3 scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream (with or without Kiwi Sauce)
1 cup of Low Fat Milk or any milk you like
Green and Yellow colouring
Just add all the ingredients together in a blender and blend it well for about 3 minutes....
Then taa daa... ready to drink... I added too little green colour into it so I think so it looked more yellowish then green...
This is another easy and short cut recipe since I only had like 15 minutes to prepare it in the morning.......
Slime cakes with maple syrup
1 box of instant pancake mixture (just add water variety)
and green colouring....
Mix all the above together , following the instructions on pancake box and add additional colouring.. blend or mix well.. then grease the pan with some butter, and pour mixture into pan to cook...
When the mixture bubbles and dry, flip it over to cook on the other side... then after about a minute or so, take the pancake out...place on a plate and serve with maple syrup....
This is how my slime cakes look like...
Easy to make and yummy.....try it out... make it for breakfast or tea, or while the Kid's Choice Awards are on... your little ones will be so freaked out and delighted....
Tadaaa.... my daughter finished the slimy milk shake!! It is pretty a healthy option as one glass has about 2 kiwis in it and everyone knows kiwis are very nutritious...
See here for more slimey video recipes... from Nickelodeon!!
Slimy Hot Chocolate
4 cups of milk of your choice (or substitute with heavy cream or half and half)
1 tea spoon vanilla extract
230g white chocolate, chopped into small pieces (or white chocolate chips)
Whipped cream for topping
Yellow and green food colouring
1. Stir milk, vanilla and white chocolate together in a sauce pan.
2. Over medium-low heat, cook the mixture. Stir occasionally until the white hot chocolate comes to a simmer. (Do not let it boil.)
3. Add in, drop by drop, yellow and green food colouring until the mixture changes colour to a slime-tastic, gooey green.
4. Serve it immediately upon removing mixture from heat. Top it with whipped cream, marshmallows or any topping you desire.
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp. grated lemon peel
Pinch of salt
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
Yellow and green food colouring
1. In a large bowl, whisk sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel, until the sugar dissolves.
2. Add in buttermilk to the mixture as you whisk. Whisk in yellow and green food colouring until mixture changes a gooey green colour.
3. Divide mixture into popsicle molds.
4. Cover and pop it in the freezer until the solution firms (at least 4 hours and up to 5 days).
5. Voila! Lemon flavoured Slime-sicles.
Key Slime Pie
1 1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (volume/cookie may vary according to your preference)
2 tablespoons sugar
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 (415 ml) can sweetened condensed milk
4 large egg yolks
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh or bottled Key lime (limau nipis) juice
Yellow and green food colouring
3/4 cup chilled heavy cream
Make the crust:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. In a bowl, stir together Oreo cookie crumbs, sugar, and butter until it is mixed well.
3. Press the mixture evenly onto bottom and up side of a 9-inch (4-cup) glass pie plate.
4. Place the mixture in the middle of oven and bake for 10 minutes.
5. Let the pie to cool.
6. Leave the oven on.
Make filling and bake the pie:
1. In a bowl, whisk together condensed milk and yolks until combined well. Whisk in the key lime (limau nipis) until the mixture is well combined (mixture will thicken slightly).
2. Add yellow and green food colouring until mixture turns a slimy green color.
3. Slowly pour the filling into the pre-baked crust and bake in oven for 15 minutes.
4. The filling will set in as you leave the pie to cool completely. Cover the pie and let it cool some more (you can refrigerate it if you’d like).
Make the topping:
Right before serving, in a bowl, beat cream with an electric mixer until it just holds stiff peaks. Serve the now complete pie topped with cream
And there you have it, slimy treats and snacks for breakfast, tea, or when watching the Kids' Choice Awards show on Monday, 14 March at 11.30am and 6pm ...
Note: most of the pictures here belong to me... but those of the cat and Nickelodeon recipes belong to Nickelodeon and is used just for decorative purposes...
look so yummy. want to try .good luck to ur daughter.ReplyDelete
Rajinnya Miera buat - Nak Slimy Hot Chocolate satu boleh? Home delivery ada tak? HeheReplyDelete
boleh home delivery, you come to my house and take back to your house... LOLDelete
wow interesting, its green color. REminds me of popeye food hehe... interesting snacks for the kids.ReplyDelete
green colour food.. LOLDelete
looks like there are alot of choices for slime-inspired dishes :D so easy to make and simpleReplyDelete
That ice cream popsicle looks delicious. I've been looking for that kind of ice cream mould all over the place but I couldnt find one. Do you know where I can find that exact kind of ice cream mould?ReplyDelete
Hmm Ikea or perhaps Daiso....Delete
The pancake looks delicious. Will try the recipe out. Thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete
I have to say that those experiments looks pretty good! Time to get crafty in the kitchen!ReplyDelete
Semua nya look delicious...and memang budak2 sure will love it..can i have some? HeheheReplyDelete
Everything so slimy hehehe, I like the slimy hot chocolate. Can add match powder to make the hot chocolate green too.ReplyDelete
Interesting recipe, seems quite easy to do at home, maybe I will make one too :)ReplyDelete
Wahh..so many interesting recipe. I never done any of that. thanks miera for sharing.ReplyDelete
I like these fun recipes. And it is pretty much real food and pretty wholesome ingredients!. Your lucky gal...and yes a good momma!ReplyDelete