Four well known hit dramas and comedies on DIVA, NBCUniversal International Networks’ leading women’s entertainment channel in Asia, gardnered a combined total of 15 nominations at the 67th Primetime Emmy Awards!!
This British drama series follows the lives of the Crawley family and its servants in the family's classic Georgian country house. The series begins with the 1912 sinking of the Titanic, which leaves Downton Abbey's future in jeopardy, since the presumptive heirs of Robert, Earl of Grantham -- his cousin James, and James' son, Patrick -- die in the catastrophe, leaving the family without a male offspring to take over Downton when the current lord dies. The point is important since Lord Grantham's children are daughters -- Ladies Mary, Edith and Sybil, but the facets of their lives and of those of the below-stairs staff -- also a highly regimented world -- have fascinating story lines
Critically-acclaimed period drama Downton Abbey has been nominated for seven awards:
1. Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Drama Series – Jim Carter as Mr. Carson
2. Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Drama Series – Joanne Froggatt as Anna Bates
3. Outstanding Production Design For A Narrative Period Program (One Hour Or More)
4. Outstanding Casting For A Drama Series
5. Outstanding Costumes For A Period/Fantasy Series, Limited Series Or Movie
6. Outstanding Hairstyling For A Single-Camera Series
7. Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (One Hour)
The series returns for a final sixth season on DIVA this September.
The Good Wife
Sensational legal drama The Good Wife was nominated for four awards:
1. Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Drama Series – Alan Cumming as Eli Gold
2. Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Drama Series – Christine Baranski as Diane Lockhart
3. Outstanding Guest Actor In A Drama Series – Michael J. Fox as Louis Canning
4. Outstanding Cinematography For A Single-Camera Series
Season seven of The Good Wife returns to DIVA in October.
Cop comedy Brooklyn Nine-Nine worked its way to the nomination of two awards:
1. Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Comedy Series – Andre Braugher as Captain Ray Holt
2. Outstanding Stunt Coordination For A Comedy Series Or A Variety Program
Brooklyn Nine-Nine’s third season will premiere in September on DIVA.
Hot in Cleveland
Betty White’s Hot in Cleveland has also been nominated for two awards for its final season:
1. Outstanding Production Design For A Narrative Program (Half-Hour Or Less)
2. Outstanding Multi-Camera Picture Editing For A Comedy Series
Don’t miss the final season of Hot in Cleveland every Sunday at 10:20PM only on DIVA (Astro Channel 702, DIVA HD 723)!