Ayam Brand™, famed for its wide range of healthy and convenient, preservative-free canned products, has tested and retested four recipes to make at home festive cooking quick, impressive and delicious.
The four recipes are savoury Mushroom Dumplings and Tuna Bergedil (Tuna Potato Patties), and sweet traditional Pineapple Tarts and Peach Cake.
Ayam Brand works with local chefs and food lovers to fine tune and simplify these recipes to be easy to prepare, nutritious and delicious, using quality canned food. Most of these recipes can be prepped, cooked or baked within an hour. Don't you think this is just so heaven sent? I know I do!!!
Give these Ayam Brand recipes a try and amaze friends and family with the dishes that you serve this festive season.
Makes approx 12 pcs
Preparation Time: 20mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
· 1 can 185g Ayam Brand™ tuna flakes in water, drained
· 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
· 1 red chili, chopped
· 1 small red onion, chopped
· 1 egg
· 1 small potato, uncooked and cut into small cubes
· 2 small potatoes, boiled and mashed
· Salt to taste
1. Mix all ingredients and form into 2" patties
2. Pan-fry till golden brown and make into mini burgers with some lettuce,
mayonnaise and sliced shallots.
3. You can serve them as a lunch or dinner dish.
Makes approx 30pcs
Preparation Time: 45 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
· 450g plain flour and some extra for rolling
· 1 tsp salt
· 300ml water
· 1 420g can Ayam Brand™ Button Mushroom, finely chopped
· 3 tbsp. oil
· 4 shallots finely chopped
· 4 stalks spring onions
· 250g cabbage finely chopped
· 1 tbsp. oyster sauce
1. Heat a pan and lightly fry all the filling ingredients for 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. Combine flour and salt to mix well and pour water to mix into smooth dough. Wrap in cling film and let it rest for 10 minutes.
3. Divide dough into 30-35 small balls. Dust worktable surface and roll into 2.5inch rounds.
4. Dust flour in between sheets to prevent from sticking.
COOKING THE DUMPLING
5. Spoon some filling into the wrap, fold in half and seal edges
6. You can cook them in boiling water(for 3-5 mins until dumpling floats to surface) or alternatively, you can also cover and pan fry over medium heat with oil with a little water until skin is cooked and bottom is crisp.
7. Serve with julienne ginger and black vinegar.
*Alternatively, you can use store bought dumpling wraps
For more healthy recipes and for more information on Ayam Brand, please visit
www.ayambrand.com.my or join facebook : Ayam Brand-World of Recipes.