· 3 eggs separated
· 80g castor sugar
· 50g plain or cake flour
· 1 tsp orange essence
· Zest of 1 orange
· 1 can 410g Ayam Brand Peach Slices in Syrup, drained but keep syrup.
· 100ml syrup from can of peach
- 1 tbsp of powdered gelatin
- 2 tbsp. hot water
- 200g whipped cream
· 100g whipped cream
· 1 can 410g Ayam Brand Peach Slices in Syrup, drained.
1. For the sponge, preheat oven to 160C. Line bottom of a 8" round cake mould or a
chiffon mould with greaseproof paper.
2. Whisk egg whites and sugar together until they form soft peaks. Fold in egg yolks
followed by the flour and lastly the orange essence and zest.
3. Pour into mould and bake for 35 mins. Remove and let it cool
4. To make the peach mousse mix peach syrup with gelatin and add in hot water to stir until dissolved.
5. Fold into whipped cream and add in the mashed peaches.
6. Cut the cooled cake into 2 or 3 layers and fill layers with the mousse. Cover and chill in fridge till set.
7. Remove from cake tin and spread top with whipped cream and peach arrangement