Makes one 8" round cake
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 30-35 mins
· 3 eggs separated
· 80g castor sugar
· 50g plain or cake flour
· 1 tsp orange essence
· Zest of 1 orange
· 1 can 410g Ayam Brand Peach Slices in Syrup, drained but keep syrup.
· 100ml syrup from can of peach
- 1 tbsp of powdered gelatin
- 2 tbsp. hot water
- 200g whipped cream
· 100g whipped cream
· 1 can 410g Ayam Brand Peach Slices in Syrup, drained.
1. For the sponge, preheat oven to 160C. Line bottom of a 8" round cake mould or a
chiffon mould with greaseproof paper.
2. Whisk egg whites and sugar together until they form soft peaks. Fold in egg yolks
followed by the flour and lastly the orange essence and zest.
3. Pour into mould and bake for 35 mins. Remove and let it cool
4. To make the peach mousse mix peach syrup with gelatin and add in hot water to stir until dissolved.
5. Fold into whipped cream and add in the mashed peaches.
6. Cut the cooled cake into 2 or 3 layers and fill layers with the mousse. Cover and chill in fridge till set.
7. Remove from cake tin and spread top with whipped cream and peach arrangement
*Alternatively you can use store bought orange sponge cake
Makes approx 40pcs
Preparation Time: approx 60 mins
Cooking time: approx 30 mins (incl jam)
2 cans 410g Ayam Brand™ Pineapple Cubes, drained and finely blended
100g castor sugar
1 no. cinnamon stick
150g butter, cold and diced
75g icing sugar
1 no. egg yolk
30ml cold water
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp salt
280g all-purpose flour
50g corn flour
1 no. egg, beaten with a pinch of salt for egg wash
1. Put blended pineapple, sugar and cinnamon stick in a pot. Cook by mixing continuously until dry. Set aside to cool.
2. Place dry ingredients in a bowl. Blend in butter until crumbly texture is achieved. Add in yolk, vanilla essence and form into smooth dough. If the dough is crumbly, add a little water until it sticks again. Cover with plastic and chill for 20 minutes.
3. Roll the dough between 2 plastic sheets to 1/4 inch thickness. Stamp out wanted shapes and transfer to trays lined with baking paper
4. Roll a teaspoon of cooked pineapple paste into a small ball and place it unto the stamped out dough.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 175 ºC for 15 minutes until golden. Cool on wire racks.