Kids being kids will always get into little accidents..they will get scratches, skin their knees, bump their heads somewhere, and cut their fingers on something sharp, or even more commonly in a tropical country like Malaysia, bitten by mosquitoes and then scratch and scratch their bites until they turn red or even bleed.. At least that is what my kids are famous for... LOL
These injuries could leave permanent scarring and as caring parents, we have to try to lessen the scars so our kids do not end up with too much ugly marks, especially for Asian kids who like to eat soya sauce as well (rumored to make scars even darker...)
In response to the damage, the body tries to heal the wound but in the healing process, some scar formulates. Typically, scars lack hair follicles and sweat glands, and are less elastic then the original skin and tend to be silvery in colour... or darker (if you take too much soya sauce etc during the healing period)
While I can find some products to heal wounds, most scar care products out there are mainly suitable for adults. I want the scars to lighten and smoothen up but till now, I have not been able to find a product which is suitable for children’s skin. There are scar gel products in the market but I really dare not put them on my daughter in case it is too strong.
As a parent , I am very thankful that now we have the Hiruscar Kids Formulation that can help children's scars to appear softer, smoother and less visible. It is indeed a heaven sent product and best of all, the formulation is so pleasantly scented and is greaseless
Hiruscar Kids is formulated by Medinova from Switzerland. It is a topical gel for kids with 5 powerful molecules to care for childhood scars. It helps reduces the visibility of scars and can also be used on insect bites and minor wounds. The 5 "hero" molecules are:
- MPS (Mucopolysaccharide polysulphate) – a unique ingredient that helps to promote wound healing process.
- Allium Cepa – 34 times more concentrated than other sources, it prevents the build- up of excessive tissue, which is the main cause of scarring
- Aloe Vera – its healing properties helps reduce inflammation from scalds and burns
- Allantoin – it promotes healing by generally improving cell regeneration and remove dead cells. It also provides moisturizing effects.
- Oat Meal Extract – has anti irritant and skin soothing properties.